Do processed foods call you? Do you crave soda and lattes? The food industry aka Big Food has an enormous amount of resources to investigate which foods are most rewarding to the human brain. The five most “addictive” substances are refined grains, sugar, salt, fat, and caffeine. A cinnamon bun and a latte has all five of these elements! Some people are more susceptible to “brain reward” than others. Come find out if you identify with “food addiction” by answering a series of questionnaires. David A. Wiss, MS, RDN, CPT will be at the Vitamin Shoppe at 1901 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025 on Saturday October 26, 2013 from 11:00am – 2:00pm. Come on by and find out more!
- Video: Nutrition in Recovery: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Headed?
- Benefits of Beans & Legumes on Gut Health
- Publication! Clinical Considerations of Ultra-Processed Food Addiction Across Weight Classes: An Eating Disorder Treatment and Care Perspective
- Dr. David Wiss Dissertation
- NUTRITION IN RECOVERY CURRICULUM