Do processed foods call you? Do you crave soda and lattes? The food industry aka Big Food has an enormous amount of resources to investigate which foods are most rewarding to the human brain. The five most “addictive” substances are refined grains, sugar, salt, fat, and caffeine. A cinnamon bun and a latte has all five of these elements! Some people are more susceptible to “brain reward” than others. Come find out if you identify with “food addiction” by answering a series of questionnaires. David A. Wiss, MS, RDN, CPT will be at the Vitamin Shoppe at 1901 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025 on Saturday October 26, 2013 from 11:00am – 2:00pm. Come on by and find out more!
- Dr. Wiss Podcast Appearances Fall 2022
- Publication! Perceived Social Support Moderates the Association Between Household Dysfunction Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Self-Reported Drug Use Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Los Angeles, California
- Publication! Low Carbohydrate and Psychoeducational Programs Show Promise for the Treatment of Ultra-Processed Food Addiction
- Video: Nutrition in Recovery: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Headed?
- Benefits of Beans & Legumes on Gut Health