While David Wiss MS RDN was presenting this year at the Cape Cod Symposium on Addictive Disorders he met Aaron Huey of Fire Mountain Programs and they decided to do a podcast together on the importance of nutrition in mental health recovery. This particular episodes focuses on the role of nutrition in early addiction recovery, specifically with teens. In this episode they discuss gastrointestinal health, neurotransmitters, blood sugar, and overall problems with successfully implementing healthful eating in today’s youth. This was an epic episode of Beyond Risk and Back!
- Video: Nutrition in Recovery: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Headed?
- Benefits of Beans & Legumes on Gut Health
- Publication! Clinical Considerations of Ultra-Processed Food Addiction Across Weight Classes: An Eating Disorder Treatment and Care Perspective
- Dr. David Wiss Dissertation
- NUTRITION IN RECOVERY CURRICULUM