What Kind of Testing do you Offer at Nutrition in Recovery?

Back to FAQs

What Kind of Testing do you Offer at Nutrition in Recovery?

In our office, we do not draw blood. We can refer to you a local clinic for blood draw or to a testing center. We recommend Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp.

We recommend getting a physician referral for a complete metabolic panel (includes electrolytes, lipid panel, glucose, HgA1c, liver enzymes, among others) and bringing in the results for interpretation. In addition to a standard comprehensive chemistry panel, we recommend some additional tests:

  • Anemia panel (includes iron, ferritin, folate, and vitamin B12)
  • Vitamin D
  • Magnesium
  • Zinc

Do You Offer Food Sensitivity Testing or Genetic Testing?

We can also refer you to a local clinic to get blood drawn if you would like to get a food sensitivity test called LEAP MRT. David Wiss is a certified leap therapist. We offer several other tests as well.

We also recommend getting your microbiome tested through Ubiome. They will mail you a kit and this test can be taken at home. They can check your insurance to see if it is covered. We can help interpret the results for you.

Another informative test is genetic testing through 23andMe. This test can tell you what health conditions you may be at higher risk for. It also describes the breakdown of your heritage as well as several wellness indicators.

We also do genetic testing through GX Sciences. Lots of cutting edge options here.

Nutrition in Recovery Services

To learn more about creating a Nutrition Intervention, see our Services

Learn More
Back to FAQs